- Combine baking soda and essential oil in a mason jar.
- Cap and shake well to combine.
- Remove cap and replace inner lid with construction paper.
- Secure rim and cut off excess construction paper.
- Poke holes in the construction paper. *
- Apply liberally to carpets.
- Wait at least 1-2 hours...
- Vacuum thoroughly.
There was a time (many years ago now) when I defined effective cleaning by how the air smelled. It's not really clean unless I can smell the chemicals! Thankfully, that is no longer the standard by which I measure the cleaning prowess of the solutions I'm using. In fact, I now do everything in my power to avoid those toxic chemicals I believe are harmful to my health and the health of the environment. Why? Because you can make your own cleaners with items from your pantry that work just as well and smell better!